Why You Shouldn’t Clean Mold Yourself

You’ve probably googled “How to clean mold in my home” in hopes of finding the cure-all cleaner combination that will remove the ominous growth in the corner of your bathroom shower. You’ve also probably been greeted by numerous articles, blogs and posts telling you how to get rid of it. What’s not stressed is the serious danger that accompanies trying to tackle mold yourself.


Don’t Listen to Everything on The Internet.


Mold has serious health effects and can jeopardize your safety if not handled properly, especially black mold. This is not something that you want to just break out the bleach for because you can potentially make the problem worse. You’re probably thinking how can bleach make it worse, it kills everything, right? Wrong. Using bleach won’t guarantee that all of the mold spores have been removed and completely eradicated from the area. Leaving behind just a few mold spores can allow for the problem to regenerate and potentially become even worse. That’s not even the worst of it though.


Reasons Not to Clean Mold Yourself


There are a ton of reasons why cleaning mold is unsafe like:


  • Mold mixing with the wrong chemicals can cause hazardous fumes
  • Mold spores can travel throughout your home if disturbed and the area isn’t properly enclosed, creating an even larger problem than you originally had
  • Not using the right products can cause the mold to grow back
  • Breathing in the mold spores can make you seriously sick



What Should You Do in The Event You Find Mold?


As tempting as it may be to start scrubbing away at the problem yourself, this is a case best left for the seasoned professionals. While calling in a professional remediation company may seem daunting, this is the only way to ensure that the mold is properly handled and removed. Green Restoration will be sure to eradicate all of the hazardous mold in your home by using eco-friendly and plant-based products. We ensure the health and safety of your family as well as the integrity of your home. Give us a call today!